The audience is a vital component for any client or brand.
Knowing your target audience becomes the bedrock of your communication. Addressing the identified market and audience strengthens the impact of the message that you’re trying to deliver.
The ABC Model diligently takes you through the process of finding your audience and then aptly segmenting it.
The entire process of identifying your audience and understanding its needs, wants and goals is very critical to every brand, which is why it requires immense attention and clear-cut accuracy. The ABC Model gives particular importance to this part of the process through applying a number of systematic approaches.
Knowing your target audience
becomes the bedrock
of your communication.
Addressing the identified market and
audience strengthens the impact of the
message that you’re trying to deliver.
The entire process of identifying your audience and understanding its needs, wants and goals is very critical to every brand, which is why it requires immense attention and clear-cut accuracy.
BREAK IT DOWN AND BUILD IT UP
The ABC Model begins with a segmentation of the
market through an intensive study that determines
what triggers the need or want in an individual or a
group of people for the offered product or service.
This allows for the different groups to be extracted as prospective
audiences and be categorized according to demographics,
psychographics, behavioral, and geographical characteristics
in order to create audience profiles.
A lot of brands end up limiting their audience due
to the lack of resources to research the market and
test it. The ABC Model’s methodologies allow it to
not only detect the right audience, but also uncover
new prospects that could potentially give your products
or services a new dimension, and a new audience
Using market and perceptual mapping,
the Model streamlines the process in a
simplified yet comprehensive manner.
Since business activity in general involves
multiple stakeholders, it is crucial to study
and analyze them closely to maximize the
effect of the message that is being delivered.
The ABC Model employs stakeholder mapping to identify,
analyze and prioritize stakeholders because it understands
the influence that stakeholders can have on the brand,
and ultimately on the message of the brand.
This allows for the different groups to be extracted as
prospective audiences and be categorized according to
characteristics in order to create
The bridge is where the client and audience meet. W7Worldwide gives a lot of attention to the bridge because this is where we transform the message from just words and visions to empathy, giving it a personality that people can interact with. This enables the message to reach the audience and causes a long lasting impression.
Building up the Pillars
The fundamentals of communication are made up of a set of questions that are asked to find out the what, why, when, who, where and how of anything. In Communications & PR, to be specific, they are asked to weave a ‘message’ that will travel from the brand to its audience. When asked about in-depth, these questions provide volumes of insights and observations.
There is, however, a seventh question that was created by the founders of W7Worldwide: by whom. By Whom is the means through which we can find the most suitable platform which could be an online tool, a person, a group of people or even a functionality on a website that is able to convey the crafted message of the brand in an effective manner successfully.
The 7Ws enable the Model to understand what exactly it is that needs to be communicated to the audience of any brand, and this element in itself gives the ABC Model a strong head start when it comes to creating a strategy. Since there are numerous factors, such as economical, political, social, etc., that influence the perceptions of audiences in respect to brands, it is significant for the Model to study them carefully so that it may result with an inclusive and precise strategy that leaves no room for slip-ups.
These questions, in other words, serve as the pillars of the bridge that is about to be built. It is important that these questions are asked with intricacy in order to form the message, and then build a strategy. Understanding both sides through the questions, The ABC Model is able to develop a synergy between the audience, the brand (client), and the message in a focused and concise manner.
Forming the Bridge
- Similarly, the ABC Model regards the need to keep bringing the brand and the audience closer in order to achieve the holistic objective of making the brand stand out, and ultimately get its message with a full-rounded approach.
- A relevant instance would be Coca Cola, a brand that focuses on associating ‘happiness’ with itself. Coca Cola has tied its brand to this ecstatic emotion through various ads and other platforms including social experiments that differentiate it and remind people why they need to keep buying Coke.
- Building a relationship that the audience might forget about is not worth it. The ABC Model ensures that the brand’s activities and messages are being constantly carried out in an innovative manner so that the brand’s message gets strongly imprinted in its audience’s subconscious minds.
- Sustainability of the bridge is just as important as building it in the first place, and the ABC Model makes this happen through persistent impact. Persistent impact is the distinct quality through which a brand makes a difference in the market through keeping itself up-to-date and highly visible.
The client and the brand both
have one thing in common: the human connection. This is established with the client first in order to synchronize with them on an emotional level and to build a relationship that will last. It further strengthens the bond and fosters a trust where the client believes in the expertise of the agency.
Knowing the brand and the
client inside out allows the Model to step into the same mindset and operate accordingly. It cuts down the communication and efforts that might be required later in the process by assembling a complete picture right in the beginning.
Building up the Pillars
- The ABC Model maps out a detailed and thorough comprehension plan that begins studying the brand from a macro point of view where it learns about the brand’s history, its background, and its purpose.
- In order to lay a foundation of understanding the brand, the ABC Model conducts several professional researches that indicate a number of key factors which help identify their core objectives, their beliefs, their future projections and goals.
- Furthermore, the Model reaches out to the brand through conducting several workshops and customized sessions that provide a clearer understanding of the brand’s philosophy, vision, and message. This insight doesn’t only serve the purpose of distinguishing the brand, but also gives the Model an opportunity to capitalize on anything that stands out.
- Moving towards the core, the Model explores the culture within the brand, which enables it to infuse itself with the personality of the brand so that when the message is being crafted, it comes through the right representation – which refers to our distinct question: by whom?
COMPLEMENTING THE NATURE OF THE CLIENT
Although the brand requires a lot of attention, it is important not to neglect the client who is handling the brand. Every client has their own way of working, and the ABC Model aspires to fully understand it in order to produce work that resonates not just with the
As the client is the entity who represents the brand, understanding its ways becomes very crucial for the final impact. Aligning yourself with the client can take you ten steps ahead of where you already are as then you both start working towards the same thing and cultivate a strong understanding of meeting each others’ needs.