Position For Public Relations Executive
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients’ stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from clients
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- Writing press releases, news stories, articles and case studies
A great candidate is a thought leader with an open mind, able to grasp the intricacies of a client’s business landscape as well as understanding our role and opportunity as an agency. You are as adept at traditional storytelling as you are at concepting innovative tactics that people can talk about. You understand new platforms and know what it means to be first to market.
- 2-5 years agency experience as a creative, specifically with a digital and social focus
- Language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Copywriting skills: You need to have great grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to the clients, you need to organize information in a concise and an interesting way to capture their attention.
- Social skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people and understand what they are going through.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.